You can sin less than you do. The Bible says so. The Bible shows you how.
This seven-week small group Bible study will guide your group step-by-step through a process that will lead you to sin less than you do. For the rest of your life, you will be grateful you went through this study. Session titles include:
Lesson #4: Sanctify Them by the Truth
20 Reasons Not To Sin
1. A little sin leads to more sin.
2. Sin invites the discipline of God.
3. The time spent in my sin is forever wasted.
4. My sin never pleases but always grieves the God who loves me.
5. My sin places a greater burden on my spiritual leaders.
6. In time, sin always brings heaviness to my heart.
7. Others, including my family, suffer consequences due to my sin.
8. My sin makes the enemies of God rejoice.
9. Sin deceives me into believing I have gained when in reality I have lost.
10. Sin may keep me from qualifying for spiritual leadership.
11. The supposed benefits of sin will never outweigh the consequences of disobedience.
12. Repenting of sin is a painful process.
13. My sin may influence others to sin.
14. My sin may keep others from knowing Christ.
15. Sin makes light of the cross, upon which Christ died for the very purpose of taking away my sin.
16. It is impossible to sin and follow the Spirit at the same time.
17. Others more earnest than I have been destroyed by just such sins.
18. God chooses not to hear the prayers of those who cherish their sin (Ps. 66:18).
19. My unwillingness to reject this sin now grants it authority over me greater than I understand.
20. I promised God He would be the Lord of my life.
Adapted from "35 Reasons Not to Sin," © 1992 Christian Communicators Worldwide, which is available free of charge from Christian Communicators Worldwide, 5001 N. Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64118
Discipleship Journal, Issue 108 (November/December 1998) (NavPress, 1998).