6 Ways to Open a Word File
- Get Microsoft Word. A little Expensive, but 100% Word compatible.
- Get Microsoft Word viewer. Free. Only available for PC.
- Get Open Office. Free. Available for both PC and MAC.
- Get Pages. $19.99. Only available for MAC.
- Upload the document to Microsoft OneDrive and open it from the OneDrive website. It will open in Microsoft Word Online, a free web-based version of Word. You can even edit documents in Word Online—no purchase necessary. You just have to use your browser.
- Upload the document to Google Drive and open it in Google Docs, Google’s free web-based office suite.